Monday, May 17, 2010

Peach Festival - Schnepf Farms

I couldn't figure out why we had to leave so early in the morning to go to this festivel, but once there I realized that this place gets crazy. This was my first time I had been to this festival, and I can't remember ever hearing about this place either.

When we got to Schnepfs Farms, at around 8 am which was later than we wanted to, we went straight to the groves to pick the peaches. They take you out to the groves on a haywagon, which is a good thing since it's a pretty far walk otherwise. I'm glad that some of us had been there before and knew what to do first because by the time we got back from picking, there was a massive line to get on the haywagon to go out to the tree groves.

Here are some pictures of the four of us, Dad, Tamie, Nancy and Debbie, picking peaches from the trees and a picture of how many peaches we brought home. Mom didn't go with us, and it was probably a good idea, since she would not have been able to manuever around with her electric wheel chair very good.  But I think she would have really enjoyed herself even if she hadn't been able to pick the peaches.

No comments: