Tuesday, June 14, 2011

I think Paul and I are fully recovered now.


What are we recovered from you ask? Well let me tell you the adventure of owning two dogs, one which is still a puppy and loves to explore.

Last night, I had just got out of the shower when I hear one of the dogs screaming in pain. I run to the living room to find my husband under his lazy boy chair trying to get Moka out. She has her head stuck in between the mechanism that moves the chair out and back and the wood frame. Everything we tried to do to get her unstuck wasn’t working. A couple of times we thought we had lost her because she would go completely limp.

Our pulses are increasing, our panic is escalating, and we are getting frantic. In the meantime, Coco is screaming and barking at Moka to get out and quit screaming in pain (I think that is what she was saying).

So now you can imagine, Coco is barking/screaming, Moka is screaming in pain, I’m screaming in helplessness, and Paul is almost in tears screaming that he is trying and nothing is working. I finally had to take Coco to the bedroom and close the door, which may I say, she did not like in the least.

Nothing's working, so I suggested that we go ahead and use the saws-all and cut the chair, which Paul had already given some thought to it. So off he goes, while I’m holding Moka up so that she is not in a position to break her neck, and he brings in the saws-all and cuts the wooden frame that holds the chair together. My hero!

Poof! She’s out. As soon as she gets free, Paul rolls over and lays there exhausted, I sit down and almost start crying in happiness, Moka is kinda like in shock and just sitting there looking at us, and Coco is still in the room screaming and barking. Finally, I get up and let Coco out and for the next two hours Coco would not let Moka alone. (At this point, I finally get dressed…)

1 comment:

Mrs. Mendez :) said...

Oh my goodness... Poor puppy... I hope you are all doing much better today.